Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is proud to once again be ranked among “The Best Employers for Women” by Forbes for 2020.
Forbes collaborated with market research firm Statista, surveying 75,000 Americans, including 45,000 women, working for businesses that employ more than 1,000 workers. The respondents spanned 31 industries and were asked to share their opinion on a series of statements about their respective employer’s culture, opportunities for career development, image, working conditions, salary and wages and diversity.
At WSI, we are continually working to create an inclusive workplace for all, and we are particularly proud of our representation of females at all levels within our company. We are a company of over 67% female identifying associates, and 64% female identifying leaders in management positions. We continue to make progress in supporting and advancing women inside WSI with benefits, policies and a culture that cultivates gender inclusivity and parity. A few highlights include:
- A Parental Leave Program enhanced in July 2020 that provides increased paid time off for primary caregivers due to the birth or adoption of a child and introduces paid time off for secondary caregivers
- Benefits coverage for fertility treatments
- Benefits coverage for transgender-inclusive services
- Partnership with HERproject, an organization that empowers women in supply chains through workplace programs promoting health, financial inclusion, and positive gender relationships and is part of our larger goal to educate and empower 100,000 workers in our supply chain through 2020
- Career development support through a variety of associate programs
Always a cornerstone of our company, investing in equality and gender equity has continued to create a culture of shared progress. When everyone gets the support and opportunity they need, we succeed.