We are proud to announce the launch of our 2021 Impact Report. Driving progress on the sustainability agenda requires a strong foundation and takes years to accomplish. For almost two decades, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. has built our business around sustainable practices, investing resources and meeting ambitious commitments. This is what it means to be Good By Design.
In 2021, we set new, ambitious goals for People and Planet and laid the groundwork to meet them. Using the systems we created to drive our cotton and wood goals, we’re expanding into lower impact materials and reducing emissions in line with climate science to meet our Science-Based Target. We’re continuing our long-term investment in worker wellbeing programs like Fair Trade Certified™ to support a resilient supply chain.
Some achievements highlighted in the report include:
- Launched a renewable energy strategy in our operations
- Continued to exceed 50% responsibly sourced wood goal
- Launched Material Innovation Library to guide our transition to lower impact, recycled and responsible materials across our brands
- Planted over 1.5M trees in partnership with The Arbor Day Foundation
- Announced new goals with Fair Trade USA™ and Nest’s Ethical Handcraft Program, supporting the wellbeing of workers in our supply chain
“Sustainability has always been core to our business strategy and we’re proud to have established a reputation for offering an industry-leading assortment of responsibly-made products. We plan to continue to set goals and make progress on those goals in a way that inspires our customers and our entire industry.”Laura Alber, President and Chief Executive Officer
At Williams-Sonoma, Inc. our key differentiators are our in-house design, our digital-first strategy and our values and we are proud to be a leader in sustainable home furnishings. With products at the center of our sustainability strategy and 46% of our products labeled with one or more environmental or social standard, we are well on our way to achieving our goal of 75% by 2030. Together we’re creating a company that’s truly Good By Design.